Every year we always throw a themed party for his birthday which I'll also be sharing in my other blogs. Last year after his 9th birthday party he told me that for his 10th Birthday he just want to invite a few friends at home and play video games. That idea easily went away as soon as school began this year as he started inviting people for his birthday without even telling me!haha.. So I had to come up with a simple party as I didn't have the budget and luxury of time to prepare this one. He wanted a Ninjago themed party as this is one of our fave cartoons. If you have no clue what Ninjago is, it is a lego based Ninja story that you can watch in Cartoon Network and it is a huge hit with the Kids and Kids at heart like me.;-)
I got several ideas from Pinterest and from other blogers site. You'll actually find a lot by just googling Ninjago. ;-)
First of the invite, I wanted something unique yet simple and I came across a Ninjago face invite.It was reminiscent of one of my stationaries I have in high school. ;-) It's cute and easy to do as well. I just had to print it on a color paper and cut it out and put Ninjago eyes. It was a hit to the kids!=)
Instead of buying envelopes, I just used the cut part of the paper and created a make shift envelope which didn't only turn out cheaper but also cute and unique.
My son was also begging me to get him a Golden Ninjago costume and when I checked online it was quite expensive. I thought of having it made but that too would be costly. Thankfully two of my colleagues offered to sew the costume. So I just had to buy some fabrics and we copied the one that we saw online. It was pretty neat and a very good replica of the one's being sold on the internet.Though due to limited time they weren't able to finish the mask so we'll just complete that for Halloween.hehe.. Nevertheless, my son was very happy!

I initially thought of having the party at home but we have a small space inside and since its a rainy season its not advisable to have an outdoor party. So I had no choice but to find a cheap indoor venue. I found one on our nearby village but its still quite pricey if your in a budget P300/hour and I get free 1 hour for set up.

The hall is good for 50-80 guests but I'm actually just expecting 20-30 people or perhaps less.;-)
For the decorations I created chinese lanterns out of Construction papers and Cartolina's and line them with metallic crepe papers.
(Will upload a closer shot of the lantern later)
Aside from the Birthday tarpaulin that was given by one of my colleague I also printed out and created a chinese Happy birthday banner. You can download karate fonts for it. I also cut out a black viper to add up to the design.
I also put Ninjago eyes on the balloons, this also turned out to be really cute!
I came up with party activities that the kids can do while waiting for the other guests and starting the games.
I found a Ninja name code online and some coloring sheets which even the adults enjoyed!
First game is the Ninjago Target practice. We created some ninja stars out of metallic sheets and covered 1.5 and 2L Soda bottles in metallic and printed crepe papers and attached styro balls decorated in glitters and felt sands on top of it. The idea of the game is to hit the balls and its not as easy as it looks!
Next game the build and destroy Spinjitzu game!Spinjitzu is the iconic move of the Ninjago's wherein they spin in high speed to fight off the enemies. This is very simple I gathered a few boxes that the kids need to put together and stack and dismantle by doing a Spinjitzu. This was very fun for the kids and you'd really need some space for this game.
Another game that I found online is a version of Pin the tail, this time it's Pin the beard on Sensei Wu. He is the master of the Ninjago's hence Sensei.=) I had these printed in tarp and print out and cut out the beards.
Last game that I did was the Skeleton Bowling. One of the villains in the series are the Skeleton army. I used 500mL Soda bottles and attached cut out Skeletons on it. I was supposed to use our toy bowling ball but we couldn't find it so we used the small soccer ball at home.Improvising is the key!;-)
Skeleton Bowling
Since I'm obsessed in making this party completely Japanese so I also prep Japanese Dishes except for the fries.=) I asked my cousin who's a chef for recipes and the other I googled. It all turned out well & everybody liked my cooking!Thank God, as it was my first time cooking all of these dishes!
My friend King helped me with the Maki and my Hubby helped with the frying. Just follow the instructions and measurement on the recipe and you'll never go wrong!;-)
Futo Maki and California Maki
I actually used some of the Tonkatsu batter on the Tempura that's why it turned out golden brown, we just wanna try it out and have a little variety.hehe..
Yakisoba
Chicken Tonkatsu
I also put up a candy buffet which doubles as the Candy Take Home for the Kids in lieu of the usual loot bags.
I printed out my own cup cake toppers which I also got online. I also used some of the toppers as labels on the To Go cups. This proves to be a hit to both kids and adults!=)
Candy Buffet


Candle Blowing
My Family
We had a post pictorial at home as he was given a cake and wants to blow the candles again.=)
Second Candle Blowing! ;-)
I'll be posting past parties of my Kid on my other blogs. Hope you enjoyed reading as much as I had fun preppin' for this party and us on the actual party! Cherio!



























Wonderful post! I must share this post with my sister because she is planning to book one of the finest event locations for her son’s birthday who is my nephew and I want to help her decorate the place nicely and add some nice games to the day. This is going to be so good.
ReplyDeleteperde modelleri
ReplyDeletesms onay
mobil ödeme bozdurma
nft nasıl alınır
ankara evden eve nakliyat
trafik sigortası
Dedektor
Web Site Kurmak
ASK ROMANLARİ
SMM PANEL
ReplyDeleteSMM PANEL
iş ilanları
İnstagram Takipçi Satın Al
https://www.hirdavatciburada.com/
beyazesyateknikservisi.com.tr
servis
Tiktok jeton hile